On this replay episode of the You Own The Experience podcast, Robert Mann and Lauren B. Jones are joined by Rich Smith, Vice President and Co-Founder of Atlas MedStaff, a healthcare staffing firm that specializes in the placement of travel nurses.
Having set his company up as a predominantly remote operation a decade ago, and working in the healthcare space, Smith brings a unique perspective on the events of the last two years, from COVID to the Great Resignation.
The crew take the opportunity to chat about the role of empathy in staffing – why it’s important, what it looks like, and how staffing leaders can deliver it to candidates and their own teams. Smith reveals that his story – and by extension, the story of Atlas – has been shaped by a single experience that he had as a young father, and has led to a hugely successful empathetic leadership approach.
Our trio also chats about:
- How empathy should start at the top of an organization
- The role of technology in building a communicative and collaborative culture
- Why all leaders should consider stepping into the shoes of their receptionist
- What a post-COVID, Great Resignation staffing industry looks like
- Why a trip to the office should be treated as a social occasion it is
This Episode is brought to you by Able & Leap Consulting Solutions.
Please remember to rate, review, & share the episode wherever you tune in.